Ways to Share your directory
Now that you've completed your directory, the next step is to share it with your members! Instant Church Directory offers multiple ways to share your directory to reach members in the way they wish.
Ways to Share Your Directory:
- Print a traditional PDF of your Directory.
- Members can download the FREE member app or log in to the members' website to view your directory.
- Email a copy of your directory to your church members.
- Link the PDF to your church website with password protection.
- How to Stop Sharing your PDF Directory.
Print a traditional Printed Directory from a PDF
Once you have entered your directory data and generated your directory, you are ready to share your PDF under Share PDF. To download your PDF, click on the Download link next to any generated directory.
Members can download the FREE member app or log in online to view your church directory.
To view the directory, members can download the FREE member app on their mobile devices, or use the Member Login on our website. The app and the members' website provide a robust church directory experience from any device. Members can search for a family within the directory to view their photos and information and to call, email or text. Plus, the mobile app and online members' website is FREE with your church's paid membership.
To share the directory in the Mobile Apps and Member website, you first need to enable the feature.
Go to Share Member Apps and check Enabled.
Under Share Member Apps, you can also:
- Enable Member App Two-Factor Authentication
- Share links to download the member apps.
- Share support documents for getting your members logged into the directory.
- Review troubleshooting documents for when your members have trouble getting online via their mobile devices or online access.
- Check the status of a member's email.
Be sure to check out our other help articles to learn more about these features!
Email a PDF copy of your directory to your church members.
You can choose to download your full directory as a PDF and email it to your congregation as an attachment. Click the Download link and a PDF will download to your computer. You can then send it as an attachment to your members.
Link the PDF to your church website with password protection.
Before you get a link (URL) to the directory PDF to include on your website or send via email, you must first choose to share it by clicking the Share PDF button. You will be alerted that anyone with the URL to Share can access your directory PDF.
To get the URL for your website, click Share PDF, and then Copy URL to Share. Send that URL to your website developer.
You can also send the URL in an email to members.
If you decide to share your PDF on your website or via email, please read these blog posts about scams you might encounter.
Stop Sharing your PDF
Anytime you want to stop sharing your PDF, you can click the Stop Sharing PDF button.
The PDF will immediately be put behind lock and key. Anyone who had the URL to Share link will not be able to click on it and gain access to that PDF.